Friday, January 18, 2013

DAY 1: THE BEGINNING OF THE END



Why not start now?
Today-Thursday January 17th, 2013-  was the first day of my journey to better health. Yes, I started on a Thursday and we all know good fitness and diets start on Mondays right?? But I refused to wait till Monday to begin and besides, I met with my trainer, Trent Castleman and he told me I had to start today.
My start weight is 277.(280 at the doctors office today but that was with clothes on)
I was not as successful as I wanted to be however I am a work in progress and I have to let allow myself baby steps to get started. Rome wasn't built in a day right? 




My day was busy as usual and I was very sad that I did not work in enough exercise like I was instructed to do. However, at 11:42pm before I allowed myself to prepare for bed I got some of the exercise in.
10 Push Ups     10 Squats     10 Seated Rows    10 Sit Ups(in bed) really they were crunches.

MEAL TIMES:
9:00 am and 5pm

My personal trainer, Trent Castleman, told me:

*Drink 1 Gallon of water a day-Buy a one gallon jug of drinking water, put my name on it, and finish it everyday. 
*Do 3 sets of 20 each 2 times a day:(No more than 30 seconds rest in between)  1. Squats                2. Rows                   3.Push Ups             4. Crunches

*Do 30 Min Cardio (walking on treadmill at no incline for first 2 weeks)

*Weight Loss goal is 2 Lbs per week.

*Weigh once a week: Friday Morning, butt naked after you go pee.

*Must eat 5 meals a day within my goal caloric intake of 1773. TODAY I WAS UNDER 967 CALORIES: Mostly because I forgot to eat.EPIC FAIL MOMENTS: 
did not drink the gallon of water, did not eat the five meals a day, did not do the 30 min cardio, did not do all sets of the exercises
SPLASH OF SUCCESS MOMENTS: 
drank 5 cups of water, did one set of all exercises even though it was at 11:45 at night.
I got up at 8 am and went to bed at 12:40 am.



MY TOTAL NUTRIENTS:
109 grams CARBS
31 grams    FATS
72 grams   PROTEINS

HOW I FELT:
I felt hopeful today, happy to know I have made my mind up to do this. However when my day got chaotic I began to feel like a failure before I even got started. Trent (my trainer) told me not to be discouraged. One day at a time. The good thing is that I was thinking about a healthier life now and recognizing when I am not doing things exactly right. 

THINGS TO IMPROVE ON TOMORROW: exercise more, drink more water, and eat more, don't let anything stand in my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment