Friday, January 25, 2013

DAY 9: Weigh In Friday!


Today was not my favorite. It was weigh in day! My thought was I would lose at least 2 pounds maybe five...however, that was not the case. I have over all lost 1.5. My start weight was 277 originally. So my weigh in today was 275.5. I will admit I was sad and couldn't believe it but then my inner spirit and I believe God, told me to fear not that the number is nothing in the journey I am on. 
The journey to good health isn't about a number on the scale. I felt better this week, and I had more energy. That in itself is a success.
So as far as the scale is concerned I will weigh once a week for my own reason. But I will not let that number define me or make me feel like a failure. What I hope it will do is help me to realize what I have done right and what I have done wrong. 
This journey is hard, and it will about kill me, but not doing it will surely kill me. So even though I am facing the ups and downs, there is no turning back this time. Now we are facing the weekend. I am armed with a weeks worth of positive so I am going to work hard to stay strong this weekend and resist the urge  to undo everything I have done with my eating habits. I wish you all success on your own journey this weekend. Have a great one everyone!! I love you all and thank you all for the awesome support you have shown. You really find out who your friends are when the going gets tough. Keep me in your prayers and  I will do the same for all of you. 

2 comments:

  1. Margaret... don't despair. Keep the faith. You definitely have the right frame of mind. For me, the weight didn't 'really' begin to fall off until 6 weeks into my new journey to health. I remember being frustrated, too, but continued with good results. I, too, continue to struggle but keep telling myself to MOVE (at least 20 minutes of some type of exercise) and to reduce the number of calories going in my body. You are doing very well and you will be rewarded. Getting healthy the correct way is slower but will benefit you in the long run! Keep up the positive self-talk! Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Donna, that means a lot, also to know that you still succeeded even if it took longer than anticipated. I am trying to fill my mind with positive and overcoming the negative that tries to work its way in. That's another reason I have done this blog because I know I am not alone out here and that others can help me and hopefully I can help them. Just knowing others have and are facing their personal journeys helps me to know that I am going in the right direction. Like I said, no turning back.

      Delete